Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update on Brandon!

Please keep praying for Brandon... see the e-mail from Pastor Bob in Wales below...

=================

Good Morning All,

Just a short note about Brandon. He is going through his Chemo and radiation now. Last week he was very sick because of it. However, he is better this week. I was with his Dad today. We were setting up a bank account for the funds that have been raised to purchase an electric wheel chair for him and hopefully we will be able to raise enough to send him to Disney Land in Paris also.

The people here are very generous. We will be having a concert in our church on the 1st of October to help raise funds also.

His Dad, David, and I spoke about his funeral arrangements. As I said in my prayer requst, Brandon's mom and Dad are atheists and want nothing to do with God. As we spoke about the funeral Dave (his Dad) said he would like to have it at our church but he wanted a humanist funeral. I told him that I would only do a Christian funeral. This opened the door to start to talk about Jesus. He was still very cold but in the course of the conversation, he said, in a very humble way, that he knew people around the world were praying for Brandon and if God healed him he waould have to rethink his position about God.

I will be with Brandon on Thursday. Prayerfully he will be strong enough to meet with me.

Please continue to pray for Brandon and the family.

Trusting in Christ,
Bob

No comments: